Arch::Tarball - an interface to create and work with tarballs
my $tarball = Arch::Tarball->new; my $pipe = $tarball->create( dir => '/path/to/subdir-to-pack', base_name => 'new-subdir-to-pack', pipe => 1, ); =head1 DESCRIPTION
Arch::Tarball provides an object oriented interface to work with (create, examine or extract) standard gzipped tarballs.
Note: As functionality is added only when needed, a lot of features are currently not implemented.
The following functions are available:
new, create, extract, list.
- new %opts
- Creates a new Arch::Tarball object.
The following parameters can be set via %opts:
- create %opts
- Creates a new tarball (tar.gz) from a given directory structure.
create understands the following options:
- dir (mandatory)
- Specifies the base directory for the tarball. The given directory and recursively its content will be added to the tarball. The directory's basename will be used as the first and the only subdirectory in the tarball.
- Allow the programmer to specify a different base directory name for the tarball content than the basename of dir. In this case, 'cp' process is launched to temporarily rename the last element of dir.
- When set, create does not create a physical tarball but writes the tarballs content to a newly created pipe. The pipe is returned by the create method.
- extract %opts
- Extracts the tarball to a given target directory, specified by dir option. If dir option is not given, a temporary directory is created that will hold the extracted dirs/files. This directory is returned.
The file option specifies the tarball file name. It may be given in the constructor instead.
- list %opts (not implemented yet)
- Returns a list of files and directories in the tarball.
Note: Currently the pipe option is mandatory.
Most functionality is currently not implemented. If you need part of the missing functionality, please contact the authors.
Patches are greatly appreciated.
Mikhael Goikhman (firstname.lastname@example.org--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel)
Enno Cramer (email@example.com/arch-perl--devel)