- Changesets are the core design part allowing a distributed nature.
- Separation of logical repository names from their physical locations
(easily movable repositories).
- Global namespace of repositories around the world, with
no central authority involved.
- Posibility to build repositories around the developers and not
around the servers.
- "Dumb" repositories that hold data and may be accessed using regular
protocols like ssh/http/ftp, with no special servers involved
- Easy mirroring of repositories from anywhere to anywhere, including
- Advanced methods of merging between branches in the same or different
- Specialized namespace of revisions,